Your Health & Mosquitos
Mosquito bites really make us sick.
We all know that being bitten by mosquitos is no fun, leaving us itchy and chasing us indoors. But the misery your family suffers from mosquitos and other biting insects can be worse than inconvenient – and sometimes downright deadly.
Insect-borne illnesses are on the rise:
- More and more frequently, mosquito populations throughout the United States are testing positive for carrying dreaded Zika Virus, West Nile virus and
eastern equine encephalitis (EEE).
- Tick-borne diseases like Lyme disease and Rocky Mountain spotted fever are a continuing concern as well.
- Worldwide, mosquitos are responsible for more than a million deaths each year due to parasitic and viral diseases like malaria and dengue fever.
- Pets are at risk too from these pests, susceptible to the parasitic heartworm larva carried by mosquitos.
As climate conditions allow mosquito and tick populations to thrive year after year, the threat of insect-borne disease continues to rise, making it more important than ever to know the facts.
Mosquito Matic looks to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website regarding insect-borne illness for the latest health information.
But there is good news. The spread of these illnesses can be slowed and mitigated by what happens in your own back yard.
By learning how to control mosquitos and other pests with the prevention techniques and services Mosquito Matic provides, you can reduce your family’s exposure to mosquitos, ticks and the health risks they carry.
Protect your family by making your yard less mosquito-friendly:
- Eliminate standing water. mosquitos need water to breed, so deprive them of it on a regular basis.
- Frequently empty birdbaths, children’s toys, kiddie pools, tire swings and garden containers like watering cans and empty pots.
- Regularly clean gutters and check for clogs so that rainwater doesn’t pool.
- Use soil to fill in low areas in lawns and landscaped areas where rainwater may collect and stand for more than seven days.
Call Mosquito Matic – as part of our service, we point out possible breeding grounds and show you how to control mosquitos.
Pest Control, Mosquito Yard Control | Atlanta, GA
Contact our trusted pest control company at (770) 765-5959 in Atlanta, GA, for our reliable mosquito yard control spray.
Pest control, mosquito yard control, Atlanta, GA